If we want to check the detail information of the room mailbox schedule or change the permission level of the Calendar permission. We should do the following steps:
- Add a user as a full permission to the room mailbox via PowerShell:
Add-MailboxPermission -Identity “email@example.com” -User “firstname.lastname@example.org” -AccessRights Fullaccess -InheritanceType All
- Open room mailbox with OWA
- Login to user who have the full permission of room mailbox by using OWA.
- Click on “your alias” at top right corner and select room mailbox
- When the OWA open room mailbox, we can click on “calendar” -> Share -> “Share this calendar” and select the share permission. Then, we can select the person and send the announcement email.
On the Client Side the user will be able to the see the only if they have permissions. If no permissions are assigned it will give a warning saying it is unable to connect. This will go away once the permissions are set right!
- Open OWA (Outlook Web apps) by opening http://mail.office365.com
- Calendar – > My Calendars -> open “other Calendars” ,then input the alias of the Room-mailbox
Microsoft Article: Create A New Room Mailbox